CCWSL 2018 A/B CHAMPIONSHIPS
Hosted by Central Connecticut Winter Swim League
DATE: Sunday, February 11th, 2018
LOCATION: Cornerstone Aquatics Center 55 Buena Vista Rd, West Hartford, Ct 06107
DIRECTIONS: From Route 84: Take the Park Road exit, turning left at the end of the ramp onto Park Road. When Park crosses Main Street (about 1/4 of a mile), its name changes to Sedgwick. Follow Sedgwick about 1.1 miles until it curves sharply to the right. Take a left on Buena Vista. Cornerstone is 0.1 mile on the left.
PARKING: Please only park in legal spaces. Parking is tight at Cornerstone. If possible, please carpool. There is a school down the street (quick walk) that can take additional parking.
8 & Under Girls and Boys, 9 & 10 Boys
Warm-up begins: 7:00 AM
Meet starts: 7:50 AM
9 & 10 Girls and 11 & 12 Girls
Warm-up begins: 12:00 PM
Meet starts: 12:50 PM
11 & 12 Boys and 13 & Over Girls and Boys
Warm-up begins: 4:00 PM
Meet starts: 4:50 PM
All heats will be swum as timed finals.
Please note that times and sessions are tentative. Time and session changes may be necessary. If deemed necessary, they will be communicated to all teams as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of each individual team to share that information with their team members.
ELIGIBILITY: Per CCWSL BY LAWS
1. The age of the swimmer on December 31, will determine the age of the swimmer for the
remainder of the season.
2. Swimmers entering the meet must have swum in three or more dual meets this season.
ENTRIES: Per CCWSL BY LAWS
1. A swimmer may enter 2 relays and 2 individual events or 3 individual events and 1 relay.
2. As many swimmers as make the cut-off time may be entered in an event.
3. As many relays as a coach desires may be entered though only one relay per team per event may score.
4. Individual and relay event entry cards are not necessary.
5. Being marked as an alternate counts as an event, even if that person does not swim. Relays may be altered at Championships, if the swimmers have been entered into relays. In the event that there are only four swimmers entered in a specific relay with no alternates, and one swimmer is unavailable on the day of the event, the remaining swimmers have the option to swim in one pre-designed scratch event.
AWARDS: Medals will be awarded for 1st through 6th place in all events for both A and B times.
Ribbons will be awarded for 7th through 12th place in all events for both A and B times.
Heat winners will receive a special award.
WORKERS: Parent work assignments will be emailed before the meet.
SCORING: The “A” Championships will be scored according to USA guidelines with points being assigned to the top 12 individual places in an event and the top 6 relays in an event. Only one relay per event, per team can score. Swimmers entered with B times cannot score.