CCWSL 2019 CHAMPIONSHIPS
Hosted by Central Connecticut Winter Swim League
DATE: February 9th and 10th, 2019
LOCATION: Wethersfield High School 411 Wolcott Road Wethersfield, CT 06109
DIRECTIONS: From the North: Take Rte. 91 South to Exit 26 (Old Wethersfield) At bottom of exit turn right then an immediate left. Proceed to stop sign. Take left (Main Street) Proceed to stop sign (intersection of Main and Garden) Continue straight to traffic light. Continue straight at traffic light (street has changed to Wells Rd. Rte 175) to next traffic light (Wells and Wolcott Hill Road) Take first right (Jay Street). High School is at end of street.
PARKING: Please only park in legal spaces. There is ample parking located in a couple of lots around the building.
Saturday, February 9th- Session 1
13 & Over Girls and 13 & Over Boys
Warm-up begins: 4:00 PM*
Meet starts: 5:30 PM
* Please note that Wethersfield has open swim directly proceeding warm-ups. It is imperative that League families do not arrive any earlier than 3:30 PM. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Sunday, February 10th- Session 2
8 & Under Boys, 9 & 10 Girls and 9 & 10 Boys
Warm-up begins: 7:30 AM
Meet starts: 8:50 AM
Sunday, February 10th- Session 3
8 & Under Girls, 11 & 12 Girls and 11 & 12 Boys
Warm-up begins: 1:00 PM
Meet starts: 2:20 PM
All heats will be swum as timed finals.
Please note that times and sessions are tentative. Time and session changes may be necessary.
ELIGIBILITY: Per CCWSL BY LAWS
1. The age of the swimmer on December 31, will determine the age of the swimmer for the
remainder of the season.
2. Swimmers entering the meet must have swum in three or more dual meets this season.
ENTRIES: Per CCWSL BY LAWS
1. A swimmer may enter 2 relays and 2 individual events or 3 individual events and 1 relay.
2. As many swimmers as make the cut-off time may be entered in an event.
3. As many relays as a coach desires may be entered though only one relay per team per event may score.
4. Individual and relay event entry cards are not necessary.
5. Being marked as an alternate counts as an event, even if that person does not swim. Relays may be altered at Championships, if the swimmers have been entered into relays. In the event that there are only four swimmers in an age group and they are entered in a specific relay with no alternates, and one swimmer is unavailable on the day of the event, the remaining swimmers have the option to swim in one pre-designed scratch event.
AWARDS: Medals will be awarded for 1st through 6th place in all events for both A and B times.
Ribbons will be awarded for 7th through 12th place in all events for both A and B times.
Heat winners will receive a special award.
WORKERS: Parent work assignments will be emailed before the meet.
SCORING: The “A” Championships will be scored according to USA guidelines with points being assigned to the top 12 individual places in an event and the top 6 relays in an event. Only one relay per event, per team can score. Swimmers entered with B times cannot score.
Code of Conduct:
We ask that all swimmers and spectators are respectful of the facility and meet staff. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our League Championship Team Code of Conduct.
1. Swimmers shall remain in the team seating area unless they are competing.
2. Spectators shall remain in the spectator seating area or in the designated spectator waiting areas. Please plan to rotate in and out of the pool area. Food will only be allowed in the designated waiting areas. It cannot be in the pool stands.
3. Only coaches and official meet volunteers (timers and officials) with badges who are actively working the meet shall be allowed on the pool deck. Only coaches and bullpen staff (with badges) will be allowed within the bullpen area. No parents or spectators will be allowed on the pool deck, in the bullpen or in team areas.
4. All athletes, coaches, spectators, and volunteers shall participate in friendly, appropriate competition and practice good sportsmanship at all times. If there are any issues, the meet will be stopped and if necessary, spectators may be escorted off the grounds by a police officer.
5. Please be mindful of your team’s arrival times and the fact that late arrival will mean that your child will been scratched from the meet and they will not be re-entered into the meet.
6. Coaches shall contact the Meet Director or Referee for any questions or discrepancy in running the meet. Parents with questions should see their coach who, if necessary, will then contact the Meet Director.
7. No food, scraps, or trash shall be left in or outside the facility.
8. There is no smoking, grills or alcoholic beverages allowed in any of the facilities nor on the grounds/in parking lots.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact your coaching staff.
We are looking forward to a great meet. Good luck to all teams and let’s have a fun, great day full of fast swimming!