2020 CCWSL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Hosted by Central Connecticut Winter Swim League
DATES: Saturday, February 8th, 2020 and Sunday, February 9th, 2020
LOCATION: Wethersfield High School- 411 Wolcott Road Wethersfield, CT 06109
FACILITY: Wethersfield High is a 6 lane, 25-yard pool with limited deck and stand space. Diving will NOT be allowed in the “shallow” end of the pool due to the shallow depth. Swimmers will be in the gym. Only swimmers, coaches and meet workers (with badges) will be allowed on the pool deck and in the bullpen area.
There is no food allowed in the pool stands. Parents will need to rotate in and out of the stands.
Wethersfield has requested that swimmers dry off before leaving the pool area and returning to the gym. As such, please ask your swimmers to bring several towels for the day and ensure that anything they are going to the bullpen with is marked with their name. Swimmers will need to also bring towels into warm-ups.
Saturday, February 8th - Session 1
13 & Over Girls and 13 & Over Boys
Warm-up begins: 4:00 PM*
Scratches due: 4:20 PM
Meet starts: 5:30 PM
* Please note that Wethersfield has activities directly proceeding warm-ups. It is imperative that League families do not arrive any earlier than 3:30 PM. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Sunday, February 9th - Session 2
8 & Under Boys, 9 & 10 Girls and 9 & 10 Boys
Warm-up begins: 7:15 AM
Scratches due: 7:35 AM
Meet starts: 8:35 AM
Sunday, February 9th - Session 3
8 & Under Girls, 11 & 12 Girls and 11 & 12 Boys
Warm-up begins: 1:15 PM*
Scratches due: 1:35 PM
Meet starts: 2:35 PM
*Please do not to arrive before 1:00. We need to allow the morning session the time to finish
and clear the facility.
All heats will be swum as timed finals.
Please note that times and sessions are tentative. Time and session changes may be necessary.
ELIGIBILITY: Per CCWSL BY LAWS
1. The age of the swimmer on December 31, will determine the age of the swimmer for the remainder of the
2. Swimmers entering the meet must have swum in three or more dual meets this season.
ENTRIES: Per CCWSL BY LAWS
1. A swimmer may enter 2 relays and 2 individual events or 3 individual events and 1 relay.
2. Being marked as an alternate counts as an event, even if that person does not swim.
3. Relays may be altered at Championships, if the swimmers have been entered into relays.
AWARDS: Medals will be awarded for 1 st through 6 th place in all events for both A and B times. Ribbons will be
awarded for 7th through 12th place in all events for both A and B times. Heat winners will receive a special award.
DIRECTIONS: From the North:
● Take Rte. 91 South to Exit 26 (Old Wethersfield)
● At bottom of exit turn right then an immediate left.
● Proceed to stop sign.
● Take left (Main Street)
● Proceed to stop sign (intersection of Main and Garden)
● Continue straight to traffic light.
● Continue straight at traffic light (street has changed to Wells Rd. Rte 175) to next traffic light (Wells
and Wolcott Hill Road)
● Take first right (Jay Street).
● High School is at end of street
PARKING: Please only park in legal spaces. There are a few different lots around the building.
WORKERS: Parent Work Assignments will be sent prior to the meet.
SCORING: The “A” Championships will be scored according to USA guidelines with points being assigned to the top 12 individual places in an event and the top 6 relays in an event. Only one relay per event, per team can score. Swimmers entered with B times cannot score.